Monday, October 26, 2009

My attempt at dish towels....


This is my first attempt at making dish towels! I think I did a pretty good job! I bought a waffle weave fabric shower curtain on the clearance shelf at T.J.MAXX for next to nothing and cut it up for dish towels. I got eight towels out of it. They sat in a basket for a year not knowing just how to make them look purty enough for gifts. Then I saw some adorable dish towels on a blog and the light bulb went off in my head..."I could do that". I went to my favorite quilt store in Lehi and got some remnants! Since I now had an idea of what I wanted to do, the sewing went smoothly and I finally have home -made gifts for Christmas this year! I made sets of two patterned fabric dish towel's...and they match(not like my picture I posted) ....now onto the matching apron!! But first, I have to make an Alice in Wonderland dress (already made the apron for that) for the play my daughter is in. I have GOT to stop volunteering myself for some of these projects!! ")

1 comment:

  1. adorable! love the ric rac especially. must get my hands on some soon! thanks for stopping by my blog...that's our favorite pumpkin patch too!

    ReplyDelete